Wednesday, January 5, 2011

On being resolute

From this moment forward…I stop the blame game and excuses. I am responsible for my life and for where I am today. I cannot blame the people and circumstances in my past, and I refuse to hide behind my past mistakes.

~Lance Wubbels

This quote was from a newsletter I get daily called the Daily Inspiration.  It frequently focuses on leadership and business but today hit the nail on the head when it comes to my holiday eating.  I would have made the quote much simpler.  It would go like this:  "I ate it. I am wearing it. Everyone can see it."  The good news is I have done exactly what the quote says and stopped the excuses and accepted responsibility for where I am right now with my weight.  I own it!  I am now on day 4 of being resolute and doing well.  I have been exercising and enjoying the soreness that come from a body that forgets much too quickly all that I had it doing but soreness means change and that is good.  I have reigned in the mindless eating and am back on track and it really wasn't too hard.  I also had a cookie today and it was good but I only had one and that was enough.  That is progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment