Friday, July 15, 2011

Strong

Strong as defined by Dictionary.com:

adjective:
      1.  having, showing, or able to exert great bodily or muscular power
      2.  mentally powerful or vigorous
      3.  of great moral power, firmness, or courage
      4.  especially able, competent, or powerful in a specific field or respect 
      I have been thinking about what strength is ever since a fellow blogger shared Saucony's new television ad campaign on her blog.  It is a great ad with a great message for all of us facing new challenges which may seem, at times, to be insurmountable.  I don't care that it's purpose is to sell their product.  Take a look for yourself and then read the script.


      "Is it muscle or is it something more?"
      "Is it measured in miles or milliseconds?"
      "Is it your best time or your worst day?"
      "Maybe strong is just what you have left when you've used up all of your weak!"

      So my question is what is your strong?  Is it saying no to the wrong food choice or or to the request to do one more thing for you work or church or social group or even to the voices in your head saying you can't...?  

      I know for certain I found my strong in the process of digging out from under all of the extra weight I was carrying.  Do you know what I found?  I found a strong determined woman who when she looks in the mirror wonders who is the older woman looking back at her.  I found the woman who had the courage not only to start training to walk one half marathon but to finish two! I found the woman who knows without a hesitation of doubt that if you tell me I can't you had better stand back and get out of my way because I have my strong and I WILL, watch me!!

      "Maybe strong is just what you have left when you've used up all of your weak."



      No comments:

      Post a Comment