Thursday, January 19, 2012

Just saying...

I love meaningful quotes and phrases; I always have.  I can remember hours spent in my room with my best friend, Linda, making giant sized collages from phrases and quotes and pictures.  I had three or four of them on my bedroom walls, each one different but each one reflective of how I was feeling at the time.  I don't remember taking them down when I left home for college and knowing my parents they probably stayed right where I had put them until it came time to sell the house and move on.  Oh how I would love to have those now just to remember and reflect, perhaps even to contemplate what had been going on in my life during those days.  

It should come as no surprise to anyone that knew me then that I have found a new way to make collages and post words, colors, and pictures that I like or that move me.  I don't have poster board collages on the walls in my house but I have computer collections saved on multiple "boards" on an internet site called Pinterest.  I have created 23 different boards on Pinterest ranging from "Explaining and defining me" and "Words that speak to me" to "Things that make me smile", and "Yummy Goodness."  I have become addicted and creative and reflective and I love it.  I need to add a new board and called it "Pinterest things I have made" to give all of this time I am spending making my boards some value.  Neighbors and friends benefited from "Christmas ideas" as I baked up treats I had saved on a board.. My Grandchildren will enjoy the cardboard airplane directions I have saved on my "For Grandchildren" board and then there are the Valentine's day items I am collecting and saving just in case I want to make something special, just saying...

Here are just a few of my favorite images saved on Pinterest:












No comments:

Post a Comment